We’re pleased to announce the availability of MarketingPilot Release 14.2. Release 14.2 is an important milestone for us as it is our first release since MarketingPilot became part of the Microsoft family. Release 14.2 demonstrates Microsoft Dynamics commitment to the continuity of MarketingPilot’s product roadmap and our continued passion around innovating in the marketing space. Release 14.2 includes several customer-driven features and platform enhancements. In addition, we have added new Media Buying functionality to support the integration of Nielsen and Arbitron ratings data planned for early 2013. I am more convinced than ever that the acquisition of MarketingPilot by Microsoft will have many benefits to our customers as we collaborate on joint development, leverage Microsoft’s broad technology portfolio, as well as their global reach and software development expertise in the months and years to come.
To read more about the release, please click here.
Did you hear? MarketingPilot announced today that it was acquired by Microsoft Corporation! We are absolutely delighted and excited about the opportunities that this will bring in accelerating our vision to create powerful and innovative integrated marketing management software for you, our valued customers.
In the coming weeks and months we will be following up with our customers, jointly with Microsoft, regarding this news. Microsoft’s first priority will be to continue to take care of our existing customers while we pursue continued growth together.
– MarketingPilot will operate as a wholly owned subsidiary within Microsoft.
– The entire MarketingPilot team are becoming Microsoft employees.
– MarketingPilot products and services will continue to be available for purchase as before.
– For now, MarketingPilot will continue to sell our products and services under the MarketingPilot brand.
– Support remains unchanged.
How can I find out more information?
– Please contact your MarketingPilot account manager or sales representative with any questions.
– Visit the MarketingPilot website.
Starting in R11.2 we started using an import user for several processes in MarketingPilot including Email Marketing and many of the import processes. The import user is a SQL Server user, the user needs to be mapped to the MarketingPilot database and have the mp_user and mp_import database roles. Once the user is setup in SQL, it needs to be added to your MarketingPilot application on the Site page, the field is towards the bottom of the page. Once you add the import user and the password (don’t forget to enter it twice), hit save, if you don’t get an error, you are good to go, if you get an error, keep reading for some tips to fix the issue.
If you receive an error stating the import user is not setup correctly there are a few items to check:
1. Be sure the import user is mapped to your MarketingPilot database
2. Be sure the user has the mp_user and mp_import roles
3. Check the exceptionlog in the Web Server folder, if you receive an error similar to ” Cannot execute as the database principal because the principal “dbo” does not exist, this type of principal cannot be impersonated, or you do not have permission.” You may have an issue with your database owner. This error normally appears when you have upgraded your SQL server from 2005 to 2008. To correct this issue you can make the SA user the database owner by running this sql on your MarketingPilot database: EXEC sp_changedbowner ‘sa’
This will change the database owner and the error should go away.
When you are a self hosted client and need to setup your email in MarketingPilot you may find that you are creating emails, but they don’t seem to be delivered. This may mean you need to setup an open relay in exchange server. Below are links to Technet for Exchange 2007 and 2010 that give you information that will help you setup your relay so it works for both internal an external email.
Exchange 2007: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ee428173(v=exchg.80)
Exchange 2010: http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb738161.aspx
Watch MarketingPilot’s expansion in the social media arena. Our initial phase of this exciting new capability designed to help you integrate your social media campaigns with the rest of your marketing activities, achieving streamlined processes, tracked performance metrics, and an increased return on investment.
- Quickly create Facebook and Twitter messages, with the option to embed a 3rd party tracking URL and/or attach a file
- Route your messages for approval if desired
- Post messages immediately or schedule them for future delivery
- View your message history
Please contact your MarketingPilot trainer for specific instructions and for more detail.
- Turn on the “Social Media” user role
- For each Social Site (Facebook page, Twitter account) create a Media Outlet, indicating that the “Type” is “Social.”
- Activate the Media Outlet.
- Create and send Social Media Messages from the “Social Media” section in the navigation bar.
Good to Know:
- Expanded functions will be available in future releases.
- Social media functions are available in the Enterprise and Professional editions of MarketingPilot Release 13.2 and higher, Social Media Option.
- Your site must have at least one Media Buyer license to create social media outlets.
New partnership with VE Pro announced to provide IMM software and services in the United Kingdom and Europe. http://ake.la/naz0w
MarketingPilot to Sponsor Beyond the Creative 2 Event – Chicago April 24-25, 2012. ake.la/pl5b7