Increase your productivity by taking a few minutes to customize MarketingPilot’s View screens. Simply put, a View screen lists things: a listing of Jobs, Tasks, or Contacts for example. Why spend time customizing? Two reasons:
- Set up the screen(s) that you use most often so that you see exactly what you want to see, grouped in the format that makes sense to you.
- Need a report? Quickly grab the data that you need and then export to Excel with a click of a button.
This exercise uses the View Tasks screen.
- Sort ascending or descending by clicking the text of any column header. A small triangle will appear to the right of the column header indicating the sort order.
- Rearrange columns by clicking and holding on the text of a column header. Don’t let go! Drag the column header left or right. Let go your cursor when it is is to the left of the column header you want to insert it before.
- Add or remove fields to the screen by clicking the wrench icon (usually the right-most icon).***TIP: Often you can jump to several areas of the system from one screen by adding the appropriate columns. If you see a small icon to the right of text while hovering it over you, MarketingPilot is warning you that you will go somewhere else if you click. In the example below, the “Job” field was added to the Task screen. You can go directly to the Job from the Task screen by clicking text within the Job column.
- Search in general by typing text in the large search box at the top of the screen and then click Go.
- Conduct a targeted filter for a specific column by typing text in the white box just below the column name. Then, click the Funnel icon to the right of the box and select the appropriate filter to apply, such as “Contains” or “Less Than.” Further refine your search by repeating this step in another column to drill down your results.***TIP: MarketingPilot will always remember your last search. If you most often want to see Tasks assigned to you only, type your name in the “Assigned To” filter box and click “Contains.” You will only see your tasks until you remove the filter.
- Click the large Filter button located to the left of the Search box to display enhanced global filters. Within Tasks, for example, presents options to Filter by tasks only assigned to you or by you, as well as a variety of built-in date filters. Toggle back to the large Search box by clicking the Search button.
- Clear all Search and Filter criteria by clicking Clear.
- Group the data by one or more columns by clicking AND holding on a column header, and then dragging the column header to the top left of the column header area. Keep holding! Look for the text that reads “Drag column here to group.” When your cursor is touching the word “Drag”, let go. The text is replaced with the column name. To remove the filter, drag the column name anywhere within the header row.
***Tip: You can group by more than one column at a time. Just repeat the actions above. For example, you can group first by “Job” and then by “Status” to View tasks by their status on a job-by-job basis.
- Create a custom report on the fly and export to Excel by performing a combination of the above actions and then click the Excel icon. You can then format and further modify your report within Excel.
Good to Know:
You can reset the screen back to MarketingPilot’s default settings at any time by clicking the Wrench icon, and then clicking Reset.