Description of issue: Report is not rendering in the application, or is rendering but the image buttons appear as a Red ‘X’ when viewing the report (see below):
Internet Information Services (IIS) Handler Mappings does not contain Reserved.ReportViewerWebContro.axdhttpHandler and is unable to render the report viewer elements.
Check the following:
Open IIS7 and select your MarketingPilot WebServer application.
1. Under IIS area, double-click on the Handler Mappings icon.
2. At the Actions pane on the right, click on Add Managed Handler
3. Enter the following information into the Add Managed Handler fields:
- Request Path: Reserved.ReportViewerWebControl.axd
- Type: Microsoft.Reporting.WebForms.HttpHandler
- Name: Reserved-ReportViewerWebControl-axd
4. Click OK. Reserved-ReportViewerWebControl-axd handler is now added to your Handler Mappings list. Run your report again.