Typically when you process an employee business expense, the reimbursement is made payable directly to the employee. In MarketingPilot, checks are make payable to the contact “Company” rather than the contact’s first and last name. As such, to write or print a check directly to an employee you must first create a Vendor account for each employee. Note that this is in addition to the employee’s MarketingPilot user contact record.
Step 1: Create a Vendor account for the employee.
- Click “Contact” in the Quick link bar at the top left of the page. (Alternatively expand Vendors in the navigation bar, click Contacts, and then click New.)
- Enter the employee’s full name in the Company field. Leave First Name and Last Name blank.
- Optional: Choose Remit to as the Role.This will make the record easier to identify.
- Check the Vendor box to indicate Group, and click Submit.
Step 2: Create an Expense using the Employee’s vendor record as the Vendor.
- Expand Financial, click Expenses, and click New.
- In Vendor, begin typing the employee’s name and select their Vendor record(if you entered Remit To as the Role, you will see it in after the employee’s name).
- Complete the remainder of the Expense.
Step 3: Process Accounts Payable.
Step 4: Print the Check. The employee’s name will appear as the Pay To.
Good to Know: An option is to have the employee create a Purchase Order. As a point of managerial review, either the employee’s manager or Accounting can then review the Purchase Order prior to converting it to an expense.